Thursday 14 July 2011

sunshine

the tingling feeling on the surface of my skin.
the sense of relief in my mind as if my brain is being released from a headache i didn't know i had.
my face settles smooth.
my shoulders settle back.
my chest rises with a deep breath that seems to fill my body with energy.
energy to stand. to jump. to run.
my skin, now warmed, is sending me signals to move. to touch. enjoy.
hips with the sudden urge to swing with forceful passion to the soundless drum of my heart.
the stride i now take gathers my legs close then stretches out searching for further ground.
heal toe. heal toe.
my feet are new.
how could i not know this feeling before?
its as if my whole body was in a muscle cramp and now its been massaged out into the darkest of space.
all thats left is new.
the casual touch of a stranger.
the deepest grasp from a lover.
both actions are amplified.
creating small explosions just beneath my skin.
i think of only what i can do.
the rush of ideas that are pulled out of me can be free in the world and do what they will to those they find.
now i am good.
now i am happy.
ecstatic i open my mouth to express this.
but instead let out a sigh with the sight of a cloud.

--also again from the old blog. also the first poem i ever wrote

No comments:

Post a Comment